When is the learning content available for each module?
- At the beginning of the month, the content for weeks 1 and 2 will be released.
- At the beginning of the 3rd week of the month, the remaining content will be released.
What additional learning resources are available?
- Online lessons
- Notes to support every lesson
- Reading list
- Module Tutor (specialist in their field)
- Program Tutor
- Discussion Forum
Do I have to complete the module within the month or can I take longer?
After the module month has passed, you will have continued access to the interactive material but the tutor for that module will no longer be available. You will still have access to the forum and the ability to view archived questions/tutor responses, however.
What does the GPCert consist of?
- Complete the full online structured program
- Case report (2,500 words)
- Online spot test exam
- Multiple choice examination
- ISVPS are responsible for invigilation of the exam via TestReach an independent invigilation company
When do the exams take place?
For up-to-date exam dates please visit www.isvps.org.
How many hours per week will I have to spend on the program?
You will spend on average 10-15 hours per week on reading, preparing cases, forum interaction etc.
Is the GPCert all online?
Yes, the full program to achieve the GPCert is online.
How do I submit my case report for the GPCert?
All ISVPS assessments are uploaded to the candidates’ area via the ISVPS website. You will be given a login to the candidates’ area when you register with ISVPS.
How do I pay the registration fees for GPCert?
- Registration is made directly to ISVPS – you will be provided with contact details allowing you to complete their registration form.
- Fees are payable at the time of registration directly to ISVPS.
- Ideally, the decision to aim for the GPCert should be made within the first 2 months of the program starting to enable delegates to benefit from access to the ISVPS candidates’ area.
- The deadline for the ISVPS certificate registration is one year in advance of the first assessment deadline
- e.g. If you are undertaking the 2020-2022 Small Animal Medicine Distance Learning Program, you should register for the October 2022 examination. Your first assessment will be due on the 30th of June 2022 and hence your deadline for enrolment with ISVPS will be the 24th of June 2021. Should this deadline be missed, you will have the opportunity to enrol for the 2023 examination.
How long do I have to complete the whole program?
The program must be completed within 6 months of the final module. GPCert candidates then have up to four years to satisfy ISVPS assessment requirements and obtain the GPCert.
I’m not based in Australia. Can I still complete the program and obtain the GPCert?
Yes. Location of study does not affect/change the program or the qualification you obtain. Additionally, all content is pre-recorded so can be viewed at any time of day (i.e. time zone differences will not impact your access to content). However, you may need to allow extra time for tutor responses (as tutors will be based in Australia) and if you are planning to pursue the GPCert(SAM) qualification through ISVPS, you may be required to pay an additional fee for remote exam invigilation, or to travel to undertake the exam in Australia. Please contact the ISVPS directly for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org).