The Improve International Small Animal Surgery two-year modular training program is accredited by the International School of Veterinary Post Graduate Studies for the General Practical Certificate in Small Animal Surgery (GPCertSAS).
Candidates for the GPCert(SAS) are required to attend the Improve International Australia two-year modular program and register for the the GPCert(SAS) through the International School of Veterinary Postgraduate Studies (ISVPS).
Candidates must study all areas of the course syllabus and successfully complete the ISVPS requirements below. In some cases, not all of the course syllabus is covered in the taught program and additional study will be required.
The GPCert(SAS) qualification has been validated by Harper Adams University (HAU), United Kingdom.
To achieve the GPCert(SAS) candidates must complete and pass the following:
- Register with the ISVPS and pay the applicable fees
- Attend the complete two-year ISVPS accredited modular training program
- Submit one x 2,500 word case report
- Submit 10 x 500 word case studies
- Complete the pre- and post-module questions
- Sit a 100-question examination (multiple choice).
Candidates will also be required to complete the following additional study:
- Further reading on the taught subjects
- Additional study of the non-taught areas of the course syllabus.
2019 submission and examination dates
- Case study submission date: 4th July 2019
- Case report submission date: 1st August 2019
- 2019 examination date: 9th October 2019
2020/21 examination dates are to be advised.
ISVPS will send regular email reminders of submission dates and details of the final examination to registered candidates.
Candidates must inform ISVPS of any change of contact details during the course period.
On successful attainment of the GPCert(SAS) candidates will be awarded with a personalised certificate and their name will be included in the ISVPS register of General Practitioner Certificate holders.
Fees in 2020
- ESVPS registration—GBP £650 (a further payment of approximately GBP £140 is required for remote invigilation, if necessary)
- Examination re-sit—GBP £150
- Case report re-submisson—GBP £150
Fees in 2121
- ESVPS registration—GBP £695 (a further payment is required for remote invigilation, if necessary)
- Examination re-sit—GBP £200
- Case report re-submission—GBP £200