Two-day course designed for veterinary surgeons familiar with basic diagnostic ultrasound.
This course has been designed for those familiar with basic ultrasonography, who are currently using this modality regularly in practice and would like to perform more challenging examinations. It is an ideal follow on from the Next Steps in Abdominal Ultrasound Fast Track course.
This course will challenge participants to further their ultrasound skills inside and outside of the abdomen. The first day will cover advanced abdominal scanning including ultrasound-guided interventions and biopsy techniques.
The following day delegates will learn extra thoracic and extra abdominal scanning as they extend their capabilities with the probe, covering the head, neck (including thyroid and salivary glands, lymph nodes) and musculoskeletal structures.
The weekend will conclude with scanning revision sessions, including a review of the features of major abdominal diseases.
Please note: This course is the final weekend of our Small Animal Ultrasonography modular program.
- Comprehensive course notes.
- Refreshments are available throughout the day and lunch is included on all modules.
7 September 2019, RSPCA Animal Care Campus, Wacol, QLD
Key learning objectives
- Clinically useful ultrasound physics / artefacts
- Use of Doppler ultrasound in the abdomen & shunt evaluation
- Advanced abdominal structures (e.g. lymph nodes, pancreas, adrenals)
- Ultrasound guided interventions – including fine needle aspiration/percutaneous biopsy techniques and centesis
- Practical scanning sessions incorporating the above objectives including phantom work for interventional procedures
8 September 2019, RSPCA Animal Care Campus, Wacol, QLD
Key learning objectives:
- Ultrasonography of the extra thoracic/extra abdominal systems including:
– head, neck (including thyroid gland, lymph nodes and salivary glands) and ocular/retrobulbar ultrasonography
– relevant ultrasonography of musculoskeletal lesions
- Practical scanning session of the extra-abdominal/extra-thoracic systems
- Review of ultrasound of the abdomen and features of major abdominal diseases
- Practical global abdominal scanning session
Prices and booking
Course fee TBC.
Register your interest below to get the latest updates on this course, including when course registrations open.