Two-day course designed for veterinary surgeons familiar with basic diagnostic ultrasound.
This course has been designed for those familiar with basic ultrasonography, who are currently using this modality regularly in practice and would like to perform more challenging examinations. It is an ideal follow on from the Next Steps in Abdominal Ultrasound Fast Track course.
This course will challenge participants to further their ultrasound skills inside and outside of the abdomen. The first day will cover advanced abdominal scanning including ultrasound-guided interventions and biopsy techniques.
The following day delegates will learn extra thoracic and extra abdominal scanning as they extend their capabilities with the probe, covering the head, neck (including thyroid and salivary glands, lymph nodes) and musculoskeletal structures.
The weekend will conclude with scanning revision sessions, including a review of the features of major abdominal diseases.
Please note: This course is the final weekend of our Small Animal Ultrasonography modular program.
- Comprehensive course notes.
- Refreshments are available throughout the day and lunch is included on all modules.
7 September 2019, RSPCA Animal Care Campus, Wacol, QLD
Key learning objectives:
- Review clinically useful ultrasound physics and artefacts
- Review the normal ultrasonographic appearance of the pancreas, biliary tract and adrenal glands
- Review the normal ultrasonographic appearance of the great vessels and intra-abdominal lymph nodes
- Appreciate the ultrasonographic changes associated with the common diseases of the above
- Perform elementary Doppler techniques and shunt evaluation
- Practise ultrasound guided interventions including percutaneous biopsy techniques and aspiration using a phantom
8 September 2019, RSPCA Animal Care Campus, Wacol, QLD
Key learning objectives:
- Recognise the normal anatomy and ultrasonographic appearance of the thyroid gland, lymph nodes and salivary glands
- Interpret ultrasonographic changes associated with diseases of the above
- Understand the applications of ultrasound in examining the eye
- Practical scanning session of the extra-abdominal/extra-thoracic systems
- Global review of modular program with emphasis on practical scanning of the abdomen and features of major abdominal diseases
Prices and booking
Register your interest below to get the latest updates on this course, including when course registrations open.